pregnancy

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday?

Its hard to believe were finally near the end! I guess it went by fast (didn't feel like it sometimes). Tomorrow morning I have my weekly NST/bloodwork appointment at the hospital at 10. There starts the real wait. Anytime from my appointment through to Tuesday morning I will be induced, depending on bed availability. Lawrence took his last two night shifts off (tonight and sunday night) so that we dont' risk him being stuck at the mine for my labor. In the morning were taking both vehicles to town and dropping the kids with the van off at Jeremy and Tasha's house. That way if they do decide to keep me we won't have to worry about the kids. If they don't keep me then we'll just pick them up after my appointment.

For inductions here, Pitocin is the last resort (very much to my liking). My doctor informed me at my last appointment that they would gel me, monitor baby for an hour and then I could go home. Then they would do this two more times before deciding the next step. When I told him that when I was gelled with Noah contractions started 15 minutes later and Noah was born 3 hours later he said maybe I should just stay at the hospital. Yah, probably a wise idea :) I have no idea if i'm dilated at all at this point because my doctor doesn't like to do checks until labor. I would be surprised if i wasn't at least at 3cm as I was 3-4.5 at this point with all the other three. I didn't think I would be nervous about labor this time around, i mean i've done it a few times. But when i let myself think about the pain i do get kinda nervous. So I generally just don't think about it, lol.

Today I got tons done! I relaxed until mid afternoon which was nice, but then I went crazy! I swept, vacuumed, baked, cleaned bedrooms, finished packing bags, washing and folding laundry and more. The house is spotless (even the rec room) and all the laundry is done. Feels good. Then this evening i pampered myself. So nice. I shaved, exfolitaed and moisturized my feet, straightened my hair, did a full mary kay hand treatment, and i'm now relaxing on the couch wearing super soft flannel pajamas that are just so comfy! I feel ready! I'm obviously hoping that they'll keep me in the morning, lol. If not the wait isn't much longer! I'm so excited to meet this baby, to find out if its a boy or girl and find out what its name is (no we haven't narrowed the name choices down very much)! I will try my best to keep my facebook updated as things develop or as we just wait! Prayers are very welcome!!

1 comment:

  1. HE IS SO DARN CUTE! I need another visit :P lol Miss you guys too....but seriously BABY! lol

    ReplyDelete