pregnancy

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2 WEEKS!!

I had my doctors appointment with the high risk obstetrician yesterday. I was pretty nervous about it because (like all doctores) i had heard very mixed opinions of him. Also because i knew that there was a strong possibility that they would want me to stay with him for the remainder of the pregnancy instead of with the obstetrician that I have been seeing the entire pregnancy (who i'm comfortable with and is female). I know lots of people were praying for me and for the appointment and man did i feel those prayers once the Dr came in! The appointment went well and I felt quite comfortable with him right away. He did an ultrasound and was pleased that baby is right on track still. He estimates baby is just over 5lbs. While I don't put much stock in their ultrasound estimates, this is a very accurate size for where I'm at when I take into consideration when my other three were born and what their sizes were. He looked over all my previous blood work and ordered a ton more. He also ordered weekly NST's (non-stress tests), and a 24 hour urine test (fun). He then told me that due to my low platelets he is planning to get baby out at 37 weeks! This really isn't shocking news to me. I have known all along that this baby would most likely be delivered between 35-37 weeks. But when the Doctor actually says "here is the plan", its like AHHHH!!! My other Dr always gently evaded giving me any answers as to what her plan was if my platelets got to low and I know the main reason is that she has never dealt with this pregnancy issue before. I know she was very eager for me to get to the high risk ob.
So I got all my blood work done yesterday, 24 hour test today and then my first NST tomorrow. I'm scheduled to see him again next wednesday. Hopefully at that appointment we can nail down a more specific day for the induction so my lovely sister in-law can book the time off to watch my kids. I'm preparing myself emotionally for him to possibly change his mind or for labor and delivery to be too busy for me to be induced. But for now, i've got 2 weeks to finish all my pre-baby lists! I've been so on top of said lists though that I don't know that I have enough stuff to do to keep me busy!! Miraculously I actually slept pretty good last night, i was expecting to have delivery/baby dreams all night but I am feeling fairly well rested this morning, very nice :) Oh my, i just cant wait to hold this new little Penner!!!

2 comments: