pregnancy

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nearing the end

I do remember daydreaming about when i would be this close to the end of pregnancy, now that i'm here I have to remind myself of how little time is really left. I have come to that stage of the game when its a constant battle with my attitude. Generally i'm uncomfortable (in pain is more like it), not sleeping at all, queezy, grouchy....the list goes on. I need to find my rose colored glasses and put them on :) Baby is baking very well. He/She is still constantly on the move (ouch it hurts now) and this is very encouraging. I had my dr's appointment on thursday and it went okay. Baby was perfect and the Dr confirmed my suspicions that baby dropped. My platelets are back down to 65 but at least their still above 50. My Dr politly asked me to not have any more painful contractions until i reach 37 weeks, lol. This coming monday I have my appointment with the high risk obstetrician. I know it will calm my own Dr's nerves once I have seen him and I also get a bonus in office ultrasound out of the deal. I'm hoping that after this appoinment i can get some plan of action answers from my Dr. She has carefully evaded telling me what her plan is if my platelets fall below 50 either before or after 37 weeks. I think she is avoiding answering because she has never dealt with this probelm before and wants the high risk oby's opinion. I would just like to prepare mentally for steroids or transfusions etc.
I have been getting the occasional painful contractions but there are sparse and very low on the pain scale. If I am remembering correctly this is the time when i started getting them with Noah and Lily as well so it doesn't really concern me.

I am very satisfied to have most of the pre-baby lists finished. I am done pretty much all the christmas shopping (including stocking stuffers), my deep freeze is full of prepared meals, the christmas tree is up and decorated (much to my kids delight), and baby's clothes are washed. I think we may have even decided on names (i'm not saying what just yet though). There are very few things left to buy from my baby needs lists and really most of them are wants. I just might have to do another seperate post on that front :) I'm daydreaming about holding this new baby and finding out if its a boy or a girl!

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting nervous for you! lol i can't believe its almost time for you to have that baby! :O I wanna know names! lol

    Holy woman are you ever on top of things! can't believe it! lol im just about done shopping for jer...thats it :S so many more people to buy for, its getting a little scary lol

    hope all goes well with the other doc appointment!

    ReplyDelete